Sunday 25 September 2016

Snow Stocking, Page 5 is Complete

Her lovely face is now complete.    That being said, this will not be completed for Christmas, like I had hoped. Well, it could be, if I worked exclusively on her, but Adrift is calling and her calls are so loud! 

The best thing about working on a smaller project, is when you have a page finish and you update your Progress Bar, it jumps a huge amount.  With this update, I went from 28% to 35% finished.  I'm used to a measly 3% per page with Adrift.

Because I'm getting close to a finish, I'm seriously looking at what patterns I want to work on next. There are just so many, purchased and yet to be purchased.  But I've got my eye on one that I might request as a mini.  I think it will translate well into being a mini.  And I've got a couple that are serious considerations, including one that I have been sitting on for years.  I purchased it online before I ever knew what Heaven and Earth Designs was, and when I got it, it was so big and intimidating that she went immediately into a drawer.  A clean out of my old supply drawer to move into my snazzy new cabinet revealed her again, and I've gone back again and again to her. So she is a clear contender now.   No names as of yet, because I haven't made my final decision, but it's kinda fun looking through the HaED site and my own stash to see what I want to do next.  

As for today, it's Sunday, my Stitch-n-Bitch day, and it is going to be a full house. 

Happy stitching, kindreds.



13 comments:

  1. Her face has come out beautifully! I am excited to see what you choose for your next start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many to choose from, it's a hard decision to make, especially when I know I will be working on them for the next year or so.

      I'm sure I'll change my mind multiple times before I actually finalize the decision.

      Delete
  2. She is absolutely stunning! Like Rebekah I'm also looking forward to seeing your next choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of looking forward to what I choose too! So many to choose from!

      Delete
  3. I think if I were in your position I would be all about getting Adrift done too. Snow will be just as beautiful a gift next Christmas.

    Curious about your potential new starts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say that I have made a special request to HeAD. But we'll see if it makes the next project or not.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the page finish, this piece looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It was such a fast page to stitch. I always love doing the faces relatively early on in the pattern. Once the face is there, the pattern means more to me. I think it personalizes it for me.

      Delete
  5. Your stocking is stitching up beautifully... A new start is an exciting prospect and great motivation to finish Adrift! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm inching nearer to a row finish on Adrift. Soon it will be the one last row to complete and I will be done! If I continue to change between Snow and Adrift, then they will be both done around the same time and I'll be looking at two new starts!!!

      Delete
  6. Wow she is so sparkly, she is amazing!! I'm looking forward to see what your new start choice is. Very exciting!
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I know there are a lot of stitchers who despise using Krenik, but I don't mind at all. I just use shorter pieces, and the outcome is always breathtaking.

      Delete