Monday 23 May 2016

Back to Adrift, Page 26 is Done!!!!!

Started April 23 and finished May 22.  7315 stitches.  *Shakes fist at work for putting a serious damper on my stitching time*

Apparently I told a wee fib when I said the next page would be mostly tail.   Oops, just the tiniest of peek-a-boo tail for this update, but a whole lot of water and bubbles!   Lets just take a moment to appreciate the bubbles, shall we?   Mmmmm.  Bubbles.

I must apologize for the quality of the photo, too.   I used to lay her out on my couch and smooth her down to take a photo, but with this addition, it no longer fits on the couch, with the good light, so I had to place her on the floor and try my best to smooth her out, which, as you can see, wasn't so successful.   I'll have to come up with another plan for the next update, because THAT, my kindreds, WILL be mostly tail.

I also want to share with you that I found a lovely carpenter who has agreed to make me a floss cabinet!  I'm so excited!  It's not as expensive as I was expecting a custom piece to be, but my biggest must have was to have a slot where I can slide my bobbins in to where they will stand without having to lean on the bobbin in front or behind.  I'm sure I'm not alone in the OCD department when I say that taking bobbins out of my box for a project and having the left overs fall over and end up out of order, drives me crazy.  This will eliminate that AND give me quick at-a-glance look at what bobbins are out for projects.
He's got a few projects that he's got to do first before starting on mine, but I will, of course pimp ... brag... er... share the finished piece with you all, along with the carpenters contact information, should any of you want to go the same route. 

I will post pictures as soon as I have this lovely in my grasp.




16 comments:

  1. Adrift is looking great. Keep going!
    Look forward to seeing the cabinet when you get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've actually just past the 75% mark, so I'm definitely in the final stages of the project!
      I'll post a photo of the cabinet the minute I get my hot little hands on it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Mii. The next page should have a bit more to look at.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, I do love watching your work on this, lovely bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, the bubbles were plentiful! LOL
      It's really all I had to show for this page.
      Thank you for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous piece! The bubbles are amazing - as are all the details. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! I always appreciate someone who appreciates bubbles! They may not be as sexy as a tail, but they serve their purpose!

      Delete
  5. I actually did stop and admire and appreciate the bubbles. My thought was Rai Rai has the patience of Gods. At least you get to enjoy some nice reds doing the tail next. It looks amazing. Great work RR.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a good friend! I actually don't mind doing the bubbles. They are relatively easy in the world of HaED's. Just not as exciting as the tail, which I am about to start tonight!!

      Delete
  6. P.S. I can't wait to see your new bobbin box too. It sounds very cool!!!
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because of you I am planning on starting Adrift too!!!!!
    It really looks better in cross stitch than in the presenting page, but I have to resist, too many things to finish first :(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, are you going to do the full size or the mini? Promise me you'll post lots of updates when you do start her!

      Delete